WRITE DOWN THE HOMEWORK:
- Complete your Portmanteau and Six Word Memoir sheet
- Add color and artwork to make your creation more unique
TODAY’S GOAL IS TO (1) invent a new word, a portmanteau, that reveals something unique about you, and (2) write a six word memoir that expresses who you are at this moment in time.
DO NOW: Take out your homework to be collected. Open your notebook to the next page. Write today’s heading, “9/8 – Portmanteau and Six Word Memoir.”
- CRONUT (croissant + donut)
- FRAPPUCCINO (frappé + cappuccino)
- BRUNCH (breakfast + lunch)
- TURDUCKEN (turkey + duck + chicken)
- CHILLAX (chill + relax)
- FRENEMY (friend + enemy)
- THREEPEAT (three + repeat)
- SHARKNADO (shark + tornado)
- STAYCATION (stay home + vacation)
Six Word Memoir Examples
- Yeah, I know I am weird.
- Learning to accept my own flaws.
- I need more than 24 hours.
- Xbox doesn’t want me to study.
- Math books make really good pillows.
- Acted first, thought second. Regrets? None!
- School starts again. Take me away!
- Picked last. I surprised them all.
- Stole my stuff, not my memories.