WRITE DOWN YOUR HOMEWORK – Come to Extra Help today or tomorrow for the Adjective/Adverb makeup assignment, if applicable.
TODAY’S GOAL IS TO go over the Adjectives/Adverbs Quiz, read with setting in mind and begin drawing a setting map or setting illustration.
DO NOW – Write today’s heading, “2/14 – Setting Map”
- Use your time today to sketch out a map of the novel’s setting or an illustration of a key part of the setting.
- The map does not have to be literal (country borders, accurate street and distance details) but should present a depiction of key places in the novel
- The map should be reflective of the mood or different moods of the story. Use colors and details to make the mood clear.
- Use arrows, roadways, colorful or bold lines or other methods to connect the places together.
- IDEA: If appropriate, use a “board game” approach if the places are visited in some sequence. In other words, wind the path of the story around the page and through the different settings.
- Clearly label all parts of the map, and if necessary, provide some written details to make your map clear. (a LEGEND is useful….)
- If you are drawing a setting illustration, your artwork must be well-detailed and clearly depict the mood of the place.