WRITE DOWN YOUR HOMEWORK – Finish your novel by tomorrow and be prepared to write about it.
TODAY’S GOAL IS TO prepare for and have a final planning session with your book club.
DO NOW – Take out your project materials: novel, notebook, project information, and any drafts of your project work
SPEND THE NEXT FEW MINUTES ORGANIZING your project work.
- Identify the project pieces you have chosen to complete
- Find them in your notebook/binder, if you have completed drafts, and be prepared to share them
- Write down some questions you have about your novel
- Create a t-chart of likes and dislikes about your novel
- If you have done all of this, you can continue to read, work on a draft, or revise/edit project pieces
BOOK CLUB AGENDA
- Discuss the novel. Ask/answer questions about the novel; share your likes/dislikes
- Discuss the genre of the novel and take notes as directed below:
- Write today’s heading in your notebook:
“3/2 – Genre Study for (book title)”
- Identify and write down the genre of your novel. Historical Fiction? Realistic Fiction? Dystopian Fiction? Fantasy?
- Discuss and write down the essential features (“ingredients”) of this genre.
- Discuss and write down examples for each feature your group identifies.
- Discuss project choices. Which projects do you plan to complete? Which projects have you completed? Share some of your work.