WRITE DOWN YOUR HOMEWORK – Core Workout #4 Due Tues. 3/27
TODAY’S GOAL IS TO review your work arguing for or against animal testing to prepare for a debate on the topic.
DO NOW – When you receive your essay, read it and review your position. Look over the ProCon packet as well.
ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED to a side in the argument, circle that position at the top of your worksheet.
WORKING AS A GROUP, complete PART 1 of the handout.
Debate Rules for the Speaker
- You have ONE MINUTEto argue your side.
- Speak only to the person(s) you are paired with.
- STAND as you present your argument.
- You may use notes.
- Strategize your delivery: start strong, but finish stronger.
- Address counterclaim: in round 1, address what you believe to be the opposition’s strongest point; in round 2, directly respond to your opponent.
Debate Rules for the Listener
- SIT as you listen to the argument.
- DO NOT SPEAK.
- Listen only to the person you are paired with.
- DO NOTHING to distract or hinder the presenter.
- You may write down their points as you listen.
- Listen for the strongest point in the presenter’s argument and be prepared to share/discuss with your team.