WRITE DOWN YOUR HOMEWORK
- Finish Pixton Project notebook work by Monday
- Read your novel every night (you have approximately 2 weeks to finish)
- Project Due 5/17
TODAY’S GOAL IS TO continue reading graphic literature with an eye on finding a model scene.
DO NOW – Set up today’s notebook heading – “5/1 – Finding a 9-panel scene”
Remember the requirements for your project scenes:
- Both scenes must have at least 9 panels–the first panel includes the title, author, and your name, but can include a teaser image (that means your scene should have at least 8 panels of narrative)
- They will need to clearly depict important moments in the story
- One must occur in the second half of the story.
- Your scenes will be evaluated based upon the quality, creativity, and attention to detail in the visuals
- They will also be evaluated based upon the expressiveness of the dialogue
As you read today, look for a sequence of 8-9 panels that present a complete scene. Note the page number. Briefly summarize the scene in a paragraph, or number 1-8 to list the details of each panel. Also explain the importance of the scene in relation to the story as a whole.