The notebook is where students will provide evidence of close reading.
This year, students will…
- Learn how to write more deeply about texts of all kinds – novels, short stories, dramas, nonfiction, poetry.
- Make connections to books that will keep them engaged and interested in reading.
- Use the notebook as a place to hold a personal conversation about the texts they read.
As their teacher, I will…
- Preserve and nurture their enjoyment of reading
- Improve their ability to communicate insights
- Present them with texts that challenge them
- Provide reading choices that motivate them