Calvin and Hobbes – Bill Watterson
This year, homework in English will focus on reading and writing.
- At all times, students will be reading books, novels, articles, stories, plays, or poems either in class or at home.
- At all times, students will be writing in their notebooks about what they are reading, or about their own personal ideas and experiences.
- On a quarterly basis, students will complete outside reading and writing projects.
- Occasionally students will complete skill practice or vocabulary review exercises.
Outside of the classroom, students should advocate for their own needs, but parents – please be part of the support system!
- Encourage them to read every day.
- Encourage them to maintain high standards and quality in their writing.
- Encourage them to attend extra help when they are struggling.